Dr Thomas Caspritz
Thomas is an experienced Gastroenterologist and Internist with broad training. He offers comprehensive assessment of all Stomach and Bowel Disorders and Liver diseases.
Thomas holds the NZ Conjoint Committee accreditation for Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy. He also performs Video Capsule Endoscopy (PillCam) and Hydrogen breath tests.
Besides medicine he enjoys skiing, music and classic cars.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) 2014
- Specialist Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology (Germany) 2010
- Specialist Internal Medicine (Germany) 2008
- Certificate Nutritional Medicine (Germany) 2008
- Qualification Emergency/Rescue Medicine (Germany) 2005
- Dr. med. (Germany) 2004
- State Exam Med (MHH, Hannover, Germany) 2002
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Physician, South Canterbury District Health Board, Timaru Hospital
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Physician, Intus Digestive and Colorectal Care, Christchurch
- Consultant Gastroenterologist, Bidwill Trust Private Hospital, Timaru
- Member of the New Zealand Society of Gastroenterology (NZSG), on the executive committee since 2015
- Member of the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
- Member of the German Society of Internal Medicine (DGIM)
- Member of the German Society for Nutritional Medicine (DGEM)