BA, BSc, MDiet, NZRD
Stephanie Brown is a New Zealand Registered Dietitian. Since qualifying as a dietitian, Stephanie has worked extensively in the areas of women’s health, general medicine, oncology and gastrointestinal dietetics.
Stephanie currently works part-time as the paediatric gastroenterology dietitian at Christchurch Public Hospital, and as the gastrointestinal consultant dietitian at Intus. She is passionate about gut health of which nutrition plays an essential role. Her specialties include irritable bowel syndrome, enzyme deficiencies, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disorders, and her advice is always based thoroughly in science whilst maintaining a holistic approach to treatment.
- Part of the working party formed to review the Ministry of Health resources for healthy weight gain in pregnancy (link to resources: www.health.govt.nz, search healthy weight gain in pregnancy)
- Invited speaker at the following recent conferences: Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canterbury 2014; Age Concern Canterbury: Healthy Eating in Older Age; Community Nutrition: Healthy Eating in our Communities 2013 & 2014; University of Otago Student Conference 2012
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts from Canterbury University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science and a Master’s Degree in Dietetics from the University of Otago
- Gastrointestinal health, including irritable bowel syndrome and low FODMAP diets
- Women’s health, including PCOS and endometriosis
- Weight management (gain and reduction)
- Older person’s health
- Clinical Dietitian at Christchurch Public Hospital and Christchurch Women’s Hospital
- Invited reviewer for the Australasian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of Dietitians New Zealand
- Current Member of the Pelvic Pain Associates at Christchurch Obstetrics and Gynecology, St George’s Hospital