General & Colorectal surgery
At the heart of Intus’ surgical program you will find well-trained, experienced surgeons adept at treating a wide variety of diseases and conditions through open and laparoscopic (keyhole) techniques.
Our specialists have remained at the forefront of their particular areas of expertise in this highly specialised area.
As specialised colorectal surgeons we are dedicated to the provision of a range of surgical options for patients with colorectal (bowel) and anorectal diseases and disorders.
Colorectal surgery procedures include:
- Colorectal (large bowel and rectal) cancer (open and laparoscopic/keyhole techniques)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Pilonidal sinus
- Haemorrhoids, fistula in ano, anal fissures
- Pelvic floor and rectal prolapse
- Faecal incontinence
General surgery procedures include:
- Gallstones (cholecystectomy)
- Hernia repair (incisional, inguinal, umbilical) via a laparoscopic or open approach
- Adhesions (abdominal)
Our surgeons offer consultation services for all conditions at locations in Christchurch, Queenstown, Wanaka and Pegasus. Surgical procedures will be performed in Christchurch.
For more information about general surgery please contact us.