Patients who have digestive conditions or surgery that affect their digestive system will usually have special dietary requirements.
Gastroenterology dietitians specialise in identifying these requirements and working with patients to achieve and maintain optimum health. We see patients with a wide range of digestive conditions.
At Intus, our consultant dietitians have specialist interest in gastrointestinal health. You will receive effective and practical strategies to manage symptoms.
The focus of your consultation is on assessing your individual nutritional needs. You will receive the expert guidance and knowledge you need to manage your gastrointestinal disease and/or food intolerance. By understanding your condition and it’s relationship with food, you will be able to improve your symptoms and digestive health.
Consultations in the rooms at Intus are available in Christchurch, as well as telephone/skype consultations where needed for patients outside the Christchurch area.
What we can help with
- Hydrogen breath-testing interpretation and individualized eating plans
- FODMAP diet for IBS
- Inflammatory bowel disease including optimal nutrition for Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis
- Enzyme therapy for GI enzyme deficiencies
- Nutrition for a healthy weight
- Surgical and stoma nutrition